UMW Hosts Women's Leadership Conference
Print Go home
Kathy Korman Frey. Photo courtesy of UMW.
Mentoring — done the correct way — is critical for women’s success, said Kathy Korman Frey, founder of the The Hot Mommas Project, a leading women’s digital case study library designed to provide role models and mentors for women at every career level.
Frey will present the keynote address -- "The Sisterhood of Success" -- at the University of Mary Washington's 21st Annual Leadership Colloquium on November 6, 2014. The Leadership Colloquium is UMW's center for fostering the connectivity of professional women. Frey's interactive presentation will introduce best practices and key pitfalls for building a team of personal advisors.
The leadership colloquium will include breakout sessions by:
- Deirdre Powell White, CEO of DPW Training & Associates LLC, about "Building Your Professional Network"
- Cara Parker, C Parker Consulting Inc., about "Effective Decision Making"
- Rose Heyward, director of human resources for Spotsylvania County and sole proprietor of Hope Springs Coaching, about "Surviving to Thriving in Crucial Conversations"
- Susan V. Garnett Spears, president and CEO of the Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce, about "Inspiring Others As You Lead From Where You Are"
- Jo Ellen Armstrong, Mary Washington Healthcare manager for associate development, about "Leading a Multi-Generational Workforce"
- Janel S. Donohue, president of Rappahannock United Way, about "Team Building: Taking the “ME” Out of Team"
- Beth Williams, director of human resources for Hilldrup, about "The Compass That Keeps Your Leadership on Course: Developing a Leadership Philosophy"
- Linda Worrell, CEO of Worrell Management Group, about "The Magic of Change"
- Jenna Cooley, CEO of Cooley Coaching & Consulting, about "Using Emotional Intelligence to Lead Yourself and Others"
Registration is available online; $219 for individuals, $179 each for a group of six or more employees from the same organization.
The Leadership Colloquium will be held from 8 a.m. through 4 p.m. on Thursday, November 6, 2014, at the University of Mary Washington Stafford Campus, 121 University Blvd., Fredericksburg.