The List of Nonprofits Participating in The Community Give
Donors have plenty of choices when supporting local charities during The Community Give on Tuesday, May 5, 2015.
A total of 155 nonprofits are participating in The Community Foundation of the Rappahannock Region’s second 24-hour multi-charity online giving marathon, which begins at 12 a.m. and ends at 11:59 p.m.
Donations are made online at www.thecommunitygive.org. The Community Foundation promises all donors will receive an immediate thank you and a receipt for 100 percent of their donation.
To inspire local giving, The Community Foundation and area sponsors are offering $100,000 in incentive prizes. Every participating area nonprofit is eligible to win. The incentive prizes include:
– A $10,000 grand prize to the nonprofit that raises the most money during The Community Give.
– A $10,000 prize to the nonprofit with the most unique donations.
– Twelve “Power Hour” prizes to the nonprofits with the most unique donations during selected times.
– Two nonprofits will picked at random to win $500 each hour during the 24-hour period.
Of the 155 nonprofits participating, 13 are animal related, 14 arts and culture, 10 community improvement, 19 education, five environment, nine food/hunger, 19 health, 40 human services, seven preservation, 17 youth development. The complete list, provided by The Community Foundation follows.
1. A Tail To Be Told Animal Rescue
2. Animal Awareness & Assistance
3. Bully Paws Pit Bull Patriots, Inc.
4. Country Cats Rescue Inc
5. Eagle Hill Equine Rescue
6. King George Animal Rescue League
7. Meow Stories Cat Rescue
8. Rikki’s Refuge
9. Saint Seton’s Orphaned Animals
10. SPCA of Fredericksburg
11. Spotsy Dog Park, Inc
12. Virginia Kincheloe Spay/Neuter Clinic
13. Nirvana Ridge Ferret Rescue
ARTS & CULTURE
1. Artful Dimensions Gallery
2. Bluemont Concert Series
3. Central VA Public Access Television
4. Chamber Chorale of Fredericksburg
5. Fredericksburg Center of the Creative Arts
6. Fredericksburg Community Concert Band
7. Fredericksburg Festival for the Performing Arts
8. Fredericksburg Sister City Association, Inc.
9. James Monroe Museum
10. Maranatha Music Ministries Inc.
11. Rappahannock Choral Society, Inc.
12. Rappahannock POPS Orchestra
13. Stafford Regional Choral Society
14. Stage Door Productions, Inc.
1. Armed Forces Motorsports Foundation
2. Caroline Care Group – New Hope Assisted Living
3. Central Virginia Housing Coalition, Inc.
4. Faith Christian Center World Outreach
5. Fredericksburg Area Builders Foundation
6. Fredericksburg Area Service League, Inc.
7. Fredericksburg Area Trails Management and User Group
9. Friends of the DRHT
10. Ladies Memorial Association of Fredericksburg, Virginia
1. Aikido in Fredericksburg
2. Children’s Museum of Richmond
3. Christ Lutheran Preschool
4. Engineering For Kids Foundation
5. Fredericksburg Academy
6. Fredericksburg Christian School
8. Friends of the Central Rappahannock Regional Library
9. Germanna Community College Educational Foundation
10. Holy Cross Academy
11. King George Education Foundation
12. Odyssey Montessori
13. Patawomeck Indian Tribe of Virginia Inc.
14. *Peace UMC Preschool
15. Rappahannock Area Kids on the Block, Inc.
16. Smart Beginnings Rappahannock Area
17. Spotsylvania Education Foundation
18. St Michael the Archangel High School
19. *Saint Patrick Catholic School
1. Downtown Greens, Inc.
2. Friends of the Rappahannock
3. Meadowview Biological Research Station
4. National Wildlife Refuge Association
5. Tree Fredericksburg
1. Aquia’s Table
2. Encounter Church of God
3. Feed Fred
4. Fredericksburg Area Food Bank
5. Love Thy Neighbor ~ Community Food Pantry & Soup Kitchen (King George)
7. The Doctor Yum Project
8. The Table at St. George’s
9. Village Harvest
1. Brain Injury Services
2. Breathing Blessings
3. Caroline Christian Health Center
4. Fredericksburg Area HIV/AIDS Support Services
5. Fredericksburg Christian Health Center
6. Fredericksburg Counseling Service Free Mental Health Clinic
7. Fredericksburg Pregnancy Center
8. Grace Oughton Cancer Foundation
9. Hazel Hill Healthcare Project
10. Lloyd F. Moss Free Clinic
11. Mental Health America of Fredericksburg
12. Rappahannock Adult Activities, Inc.
13. Recovery in Motion
14. Spotsylvania Lions Club Charities, Inc.
15. Stafford Area Soccer Association
16. Strong For Dom Foundation
17. Sunrise For All, Inc.
18. The Owen Lea Foundation
19. YMCA – Rappahannock Area YMCA
1. Alzheimer’s Association
2. Birthright of Fredericksburg
3. Caroline Library, Inc.
4. Compassion Restoration Ministries
5. disAbility Resource Center of the Rappahannock, Inc.
6. Empowerhouse – Supporting Survivors of Domestic Violence
8. Fairy Godmother Project
9. Forever Families Adoption Services, Inc.
10. FredCamp, Inc
11. Gracie’s Gowns, Inc.
12. Greater Fredericksburg Habitat for Humanity
13. Healthy Families Rappahannock Area
14. Hope For The Warriors
15. Hope House
16. Hospice Support Care – MWHC Bereavement
17. LUCHA Ministries, Inc.
18. Make-A-Wish Foundation of Greater Virginia
19. Manarc, Borne the Battle
20. Mary’s Shelter
21. Micah Ecumenical Ministries
22. Nam Knights of America MC, Grey Ghost Chapter, Inc
23. National Institute of Family and Life Advocates
24. Rappahannock Area Agency on Aging
25. Rappahannock Area Community Services Board (RACSB)
26. Rappahannock CASA Inc
27. Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, Inc.
28. Rappahannock Legal Services
29. Rappahannock United Way
30. RCASA – Rappahannock Council Against Sexual Assault
31. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond
32. Safe Harbor Child Advocacy Center
33. School Dressing Days a program of Interfaith Community Council
34. St Vincent de Paul – Serving our community needy for the love of Christ
35. Stafford Hope Center, Inc
36. Strength & Honor Motorcycle Club
37. The Childcare Network
38. The Salvation Army
39. Thurman Brisben Homeless Shelter, Inc.
40. Virginia Cares
1. Central Rappahannock Heritage Center, Inc.
2. Central Virginia Battlefields Trust
3. Germanna Foundation
4. Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc.
5. Stafford County Historical Society
6. The George Washington Foundation
7. Washington Heritage Museums
1. Boys & Girls Club of the Rappahannock Region
2. CYT Fredericksburg
3. Fellowship of Christian Athletes
4. Fredericksburg All Ages, Inc.
5. Fredericksburg Area Soccer Association, Inc.
6. King George 4-H
7. New Vision Youth Development Association Inc
8. Open Hand of Fredericksburg
9. Partnership for Academic Excellence
10. Pinnacle Baseball
11. Rappahannock Big Brothers Big Sisters
12. Spotsylvania Ducks Youth Football Association
13. Stafford Junction
14. STEP VA, Inc.
15. Sunshine Ballpark Foundation
16. UMW InterVarsity
17. Virginia Sting 7th Grade Girls Basketball Team – B
You can follow the day’s events on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #Give15.
Helping Nonprofits Perfect Their Pitch for The Community Give
$100,000 in Prizes Donated for The Community Give
The Community Give Registration Open for Nonprofits
Follow Fredericksburg.Today on Facebook, and on Twitter at @Fxbg2day