Fredericksburg FY 2017 Budget Hearing Scheduled April 19
Fredericksburg City Council will hold a public hearing on the FY 2017 recommended budget at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 19, 2016.
The recommended $90 million budget is a 1.95 percent increase over the FY 2016 base adopted budget, according to City Manager Bev Cameron. It’s available for review online at FY 2017 Budget Documents.
The recommended budget:
– maintains the existing real estate tax rate of 82 cents per $100.
– includes a two percent cost of living increase for city staff.
– provides full-year funding for two new positions added after adoption of the FY 2016 budget. These positions are Historic Resources Planner and Senior Environmental Planner.
– contains capital budget funding for a new elementary school, a downtown parking garage, a third fire station, and construction of Riverfront Park.
– proposes a $27,594,710 transfer for city schools, which is $150,000 more than the previous year.
The budget hearing will be held in council chambers at City Hall, 715 Princess Anne St. Enter the building through the lower level on the Hanover Street side entrance. Call the city manager’s office at 540-372-1010 to sign-up to speak.
Fredericksburg Holds First Ever Facebook Q&A
City Council Begins Review of $90M Recommended Budget