GWRC to Host Annual Government Officials Meeting
Fredericksburg, Virginia — The George Washington Regional Commission (GWRC) will host their annual meeting of regional elected officials and government staff on Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2016.
“Each year GWRC brings together the officials from the area, and localities alternate hosting the dinner event,” said Niki Dickinson, assistant to county administration, Spotsylvania County Government. “Last year King George hosted, and this year it’s Spotsylvania.”
Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Caroline, and King George elected officials and government staff will attend. Also invited are:
– Delegate Hyland F. Fowler Jr., House – 55th District
– Delegate Margaret B. Ransone, House – 99th District
– Delegate Mark L. Cole, House – District 88
– Delegate Peter F. Farrell, House – 56th District
– Delegate Robert D. Orrock Sr., House – 54th District
– Delegate William J. Howell, House – 28th District
– Delegate Mark Dudenhefer, House – 22nd District
– Senator Bryce E. Reeves, Senate – 17th District
– Senator Jill Holtzman Vogel, Senate – District 27
– Senator Richard H. Stuart, Senate – 28th District
– Senator Ryan T. McDougle, Senate – 4th District
Dickinson said there is no agenda, except for socializing and dinner. Spotsylvania County Administrator Mark Taylor and GWRC Executive Director Tim Ware will speak.
The event, which begins at 6 p.m., will be held at Stevenson Ridge, 6901 Meeting St., in Spotsylvania.
The George Washington Regional Commission was established by the Virginia General Assembly as Planning District 16, representing the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania and Stafford. “Planning District 16 is the fourth-largest and fastest-growing of the Commonwealth’s 21 planning districts,” GWRC said on its website.