Happy #GivingTuesday! With a third of all annual giving taking place in December and the U.S. ranking No. 4 overall in the 2018 World Giving Index, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2018’s Most Charitable States, and Virginia ranked 6th most charitable overall!
To determine where the most generous Americans are inspiring others to be more selfless, WalletHub compared the 50 states based on 18 key indicators of charitable behavior. The dataset ranges from volunteer rate to share of income donated to share of sheltered homeless.
Generosity in Virginia (1=Most Charitable; 25=Avg.)
- 23rd – Charities per Capita
- 16th – % of Donated Income
- 19th – % of Population Who Donated Time
- 5th – % of Population Who Donated Money
- 15th – Volunteer Rate
- 4th – Volunteer Hours per Capita