Whether you are new to the tech world or think yourself an expert with smartphones, there will always be new things or tricks for you to learn which can make your life just a little easier. Check out our list of 6 iPhone device tricks you will wish you had known a long time ago:
- New in town and want to meet up with old friends? Finding your way around in an unknown area can get tricky. Luckily, you can now send your location with just your iPhone device. All you have to do is turn on your Data connection and Location and open the iMessage® app. Once you have selected the person you wish to send your location to, tap on Details and select “Send my current location”. Depending on your needs, you can share your location for an hour, a day, or always.
- Need to charge your iPhone device quickly? Plug it into the charger and place it on Airplane Mode. Your iPhone device will no longer be sharing and pulling data from the web and will be able to charge much quicker.
- Ever write a wordy text message and decide to send something shorter? With your iPhone device, you can easily delete text by just shaking your phone. Your iPhone device will prompt you to “Undo Typing” rather than forcing you to select all of the text in order to delete it. And if you find yourself changing your mind again, just shake your iPhone device again, it will then prompt you to “Redo Typing”.
- Did you know you could answer a text with just a swipe? If a text comes through and you want to send a quick response, you can swipe up and quickly type without having to launch messages.
- Falling asleep to music can be very relaxing but leaving music to play all night can drain your battery and become distracting. To set a timer for when your music will stop, open the Clock app and tap on Timer, then choose when you want your music to stop.
- Receive a call from someone at a moment when it’s impossible to chat? You can set a reminder to return a call with a swipe up and then select a time to remind you to return their call. You can even select “when I leave” which will remind you when you leave your current location.
We hope these iPhone device tricks will help you get more from your phone! Having trouble using one of these tricks or looking to upgrade your iPhone device? The Experimac team is dedicated to helping you get the most value from your Apple® products and has plenty of certified pre-owned iPhone devices in store for you to choose from.
Stop by your local store today!
Business hours are Monday – Sunday 10 AM – 8 PM. Experimac is located at 1865-106 Carl D. Silver Parkway, Fredericksburg, VA 22401.