What: William B. Crawley Great Lives Lecture Series
Where: University of Mary Washington, Dodd Auditorium in George Washington Hall
When: All programs begin at 7:30 p.m.
Price: This series is open to the public free of charge and no admission tickets are required.
Description: Programs begin at 7:30 p.m. in Dodd Auditorium in George Washington Hall. Each lecture concludes with an audience Q&A session with the speaker and a book-signing.
In partnership with the University Bookstore, selected titles related to the topic are available for purchase in the Dodd foyer the night of the lecture. Additional suggested readings related to the Great Lives topics are available at the Central Rappahannock Regional Library.
For further information, contact the University of Mary Washington Office of University Events and Conferencing information line at 540-654-1065.
- Jan. 15; Rodgers and Hammerstein Todd S. Purdum
- Jan. 22; Bruce Lee Matthew Polly
- Jan. 29; Mikhail Gorbachev William Taubman
- Feb. 5; Benedict Arnold Joyce Lee Malcolm
- Feb. 7; Jane Goodall Dale Peterson
- Feb. 14; Billie Holiday Tracy Fessenden
- Feb. 19; Gari Melchers Joanna Catron
- Feb. 21; Dale Carnegie Steven Watts
- Feb. 26; Nelson Mandela Richard Stengel
- Feb. 28; Oscar Wilde Nicholas Frankel
- Mar. 12; Lucille Ball Kathleen Brady
- Mar. 14; Radium Girls Kate Moore
- Mar. 19; Rocket Girls Nathalia Holt
- Mar. 21; J.R.R. Tolkien Devin Brown
- Mar. 26; Laura Ingalls Wilder Caroline Fraser
- Apr. 2; Gehrig and Ripken John Eisenberg
- Apr. 4; The Last Romanovs Helen Rappaport
- Apr. 9; POW Wives Heath Hardage Lee