Road work to start in the Ferry Farm area of Stafford
Expect to see construction activity on Route 3 Business and on Ferry Road between the CSX rail crossing and Route 3 Business. During the week of March 4 – 8, all work will be limited to the roadway shoulder.
Throughout the project crews will be working Monday – Friday, with occasional weekend work. Travel lanes will be open during peak travel times on weekdays, but single lane closures will be scheduled during off peak daytime hours and overnight.
This $5.1 million project will reduce driver delays at the intersection by expanding turn lane capacity. The project includes:
– Construction of dual left turn lanes from Ferry Road onto Route 3 Business eastbound
– Extending the existing right turn lane from Route 3 Business westbound onto Ferry Road
– Adding a left turn lane on Route 3 Business westbound at the entrance to George Washington’s boyhood home at Ferry Farm.
– Adding a right turn lane on Route 3 Business eastbound into Ferry Farm.
– Upgrading the existing traffic signal equipment to accommodate the additional turn lanes.
The project contractor, Henderson Construction Company, Inc., of Stafford expects to complete the project in June 2020