Forecasters predict minor flooding for the Rappahannock at Fredericksburg
…Flood Warning extended until this evening…
The Flood Warning continues for
The Rappahannock River at Fredericksburg.
* From overnight last night until this evening.
* At 3 AM Friday the stage was 12.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…Rise above flood stage by overnight last night and crest
near 13.8 feet by this morning. The river will fall below flood
stage by mid-afternoon today.
* Impact…At 14.0 feet…Water begins to reach River Road on the
east side of the river. The Old Mill Park Maintenance Facility is
* Flood history…This crest compares to a previous crest of 14.4 feet
on Apr 18 2011.