Badges For Baseball returns
Badges for Baseball is an opportunity for the youth of Fredericksburg to have fun with members of the Fredericksburg Fire Department, Police Department and Sheriff’s Office during one week of fun-filled adventures.
Held June 17 – 21 at Sunshine Ballpark, each day will include a discussion that focuses on a life lesson (such as teamwork, respect, life choices, communicating, and personal growth). There will also be an activity each day that focuses on one of the City’s public safety agencies:
- Monday – Stop the bleed and hands only CPR
- Tuesday – Ladder truck demonstration and operating the fire hose
- Wednesday – K9 and UAS Drone (One of the “Coaches” actually gets in the protective suit and gets bit by the K9!)
- Thursday – A hike on one of the trails near the ballpark with Officer Joe Young
- Friday – A visit from the Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office Animal Control “Critter Unit”
Also on Friday, we will have a visit from a VIP for some closing remarks followed by a pizza party and fun activities to wrap up the week. Each day starts out with a special breakfast from Chick-Fil-A!
This day camp is open to children between 6 and 14 years of age that reside in the City of Fredericksburg. It is held one week only, June 17 – 21, 2019, from 9:00am to 12:30 at Sunshine Ball Park, 1200 Wicklow Drive in Fredericksburg. Transportation to and from the event is available. Details can be found on the registration site and form. Admission is free, but space is limited. Children must pre-register at https://www.sunshineballpark.org/cof-badges-registration or by using the Event Board mailbox at Sunshine Ballpark.
For more information about Badges for Baseball or how to get registered all 540-408-4952 or visit www.sunshineballpark.org