High Wind Warning today includes King George
The National Weather Service says the High Wind Warning has been expanded to include south-central MD. Sustained winds of 20-30 mph, with gusts up to 60 mph expected. The High Wind Warning will be in effect from 6 AM until 6 PM on Monday. Included: King George, Charles
Here’s what the National Weather Service says:
…HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 6 PM EDT MONDAY…
* WHAT…South winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 60 mph
* WHERE…In Maryland, Prince Georges, Anne Arundel and Charles
Counties. In Virginia, King George County.
* WHEN…From 6 AM to 6 PM EDT Monday.
* IMPACTS…Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines.
Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Thunderstorms are possible on Monday that
could result in even stronger wind gusts.
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around
trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of
your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if
you must drive.