Nominations taken for the Fredericksburg Wall of Honor
From The City of Fredericksburg:
The Fredericksburg Memorials Advisory Commission is seeking nominations to the city Wall of Honor for 2020. The Wall of Honor recognizes those who have made significant contributions to the welfare of the city and the betterment of society. Nominees must have been deceased for at least one year prior to the nomination. Nominations may be submitted by any person, except immediate family members.
If you have questions, email Tonya Lacey, Clerk of the City Council at [email protected] Deadline for submission is June 1.
- Any person seeking to nominate an individual for inclusion on the City’s Wall of Honor, located in Fredericksburg City Hall, should complete the following application and submit it to the Clerk of Council for consideration by the Memorials Advisory Commission. Each year, the Commission recommends the names of up to 4 persons to Council, which makes the final decision on all nominations. To be considered by the Commission and City Council, nominees shall meet the following criteria:
- 1. Nominees must be recently deceased individuals who, during their lifetimes, were residents of the Fredericksburg area and who made significant contributions to the welfare of the City.
- 2. Nominees should have been deceased for at least one year prior to nomination.
- 3. Nominations may be submitted by any person who was personally acquainted with the nominee, except that no individual may be nominated by an immediate family member.
- Please attach any supporting documentation, letters, obituaries, news articles, or other information to support your nomination.