Kids Rappahannock Nature Bingo & Photo Contest July 15 – August 12
Friends of the Rapphannock invites all area children ages 4-17 to participate in their game of Rappannock Nature Bingo! Just take pictures on your next hike or river adventure and enter the contest at this link – FOR KIDS PHOTO CONTEST.
To participate in FOR Nature Bingo you must:
- Be a nature-loving kid ages 4-17.
- Have parental permission to participate.
- Download the Bingo Board for your age group.
- Have the ability to get outdoors safely. You don’t necessarily need to go to the river (but if you do- wear a life jacket), many of the items in these BINGO squares can be found literally in your backyard or your neighborhood if you keep your eyes open.
- Once you complete a row on the bingo board, upload the board here – and we’ll mail you an FOR sticker.
In addition to the above rules, to participate in the FOR Kids Photo Contest you must also:
- Have access to digital photography equipment either a cell phone or a digital camera.
- Shoot and edit the photos yourself. Parents may upload them to the contest web page, but the actual photography must be done 100% by the kid.
- Upload your photos HERE between July 15, 2020 and August 12, 2020.
- Give FOR permission to post your photo(s) and your name on our website, social media platforms, our newsletter, press releases and the like.
- Winners will be notified and announced the week of August 16-22.
All FOR Nature BINGO players will receive an FOR sticker for participating in the contest. One lucky BINGO player will win an FOR “Save the Crabs” t-shirt.
The FOR Kids Photo Contest will be judged by FOR staff members. There will be a winner chosen in each age group (4-8 yrs old / 9-12 yrs old/ 13-17 years old) and there will also be a grand prize winner. Age group winners will receive a t-shirt. The grand prize winner will receive a Family Environmental Excursion with one of our FOR River Stewards. (FOR Staff and their immediate family members are not eligible to receive prizes).
View more details and see other fun events through Friends of the Rapphannock on their website.