National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for part of the area
Event: Ice Storm Warning
…ICE STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM SATURDAY TO 7 AM EST
* WHAT…Significant icing. Storm total ice accumulations of
around a quarter of an inch.
* WHERE…Portions of southern Maryland and north-central
* WHEN…From 7 AM Saturday to 7 AM EST Sunday.
* IMPACTS…Power outages and tree damage are likely due to the
ice. Travel could be nearly impossible.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Even a small amount of ice on untreated surfaces can make travel treacherous.
Instructions: Travel is strongly discouraged. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. Prepare for possible power outages. When venturing outside, watch your first few steps taken on steps, sidewalks, and driveways, which could be icy and slippery, increasing your risk of a fall and injury.