John J. Bowman Single Barrel Virginia Straight Bourbon receives double gold medal, named Best of Class Single Barrel Bourbon Up to 10 Years
The 2021 installment of the New York World Wine & Spirits Competition (NYWSC) recognized seven spirits in the diverse portfolio of brands crafted at the Virginia-based A. Smith Bowman Distillery. In addition to Double Gold medal winner John J. Bowman Single Barrel Virginia Straight Bourbon being named Best of Class, the Distillery also claimed three Silver and three Bronze medals. The complete list of A. Smith Bowman brands honored this year are as follows:
Double Gold medals went to
- John J. Bowman Single Barrel Virginia Straight Bourbon Whiskey – Best of Class: Single Barrel Bourbon Up to 10 Years
Silver medals went to
- Bowman Brothers Small Batch Virginia Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Smith Bowman Cask Strength Virginia Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- George Bowman Small Batch Colonial Era Dark Caribbean Rum
Bronze medals went to
- Isaac Bowman Port Barrel Finished Virginia Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Deep Run Small Batch Virginia Vodka
- Sunset Hills Small Batch Virginia Gin
The NYWSC is committed to three principles: legacy, integrity and experience. Predicated on these principles, the spirits are judged by the industry’s most trusted authorities. Results from the 2021 NYWSC can be viewed at https://www.nywscomp.com/results.
For more information about A. Smith Bowman brands, visit https://asmithbowman.com/spirits.
About A. Smith Bowman
- Smith Bowman’s distilling roots date back to the years before Prohibition when the Bowman family had a granary and dairy farm in Sunset Hills, Virginia. They used excess grain from the family estate to distill spirits. In 1934, after the Repeal of Prohibition, Abram Smith Bowman and his sons continued the family tradition and built a more modern distillery in Fairfax County, Virginia called Sunset Hills Farm. The Distillery was moved in 1988 and is now nestled in Spotsylvania County near the city of Fredericksburg, 60 miles away from the original location.
As a small and privately owned company, A. Smith Bowman Distillery continues the time-honored traditions on which it was founded. Considered a micro-distillery by today’s standards, A. Smith Bowman produces an assortment of hand-crafted spirits distilled from only the finest natural ingredients and using the latest technology. This micro-distillery focuses on the production of premium spirits honoring the legacy of Virginia’s first settlers. As Virginia’s oldest and most award-winning distillery, its various brands have earned numerous prestigious awards over the years, including John J. Bowman Single Barrel, which received a double gold medal at the 2021 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. For more information on A. Smith Bowman, please visit www.asmithbowman.com.