Get the daily newsletter!

Stafford resident injured by exploding shotgun shell

The Stafford Sheriff’s Office says a Stafford resident received minor injuries after an out of control fire set off a discarded shotgun shell Friday afternoon.

First responders were dispatched to an out of control fire on Indian View Court. An adult male was burning leaves in a fire pit and the fire escaped to a nearby hillside. The investigation revealed a live shotgun shell had been left on the ground and exploded from the heat, causing a pellet to strike the adult male.  The man was treated for a minor injury and the Fire Marshall’s Office investigated the incident.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This