Kids eat free program returns to Nats Park
From the Washington Nationals:
The Washington Nationals have announced the return of Kids Eat Free, the popular first-of-its-kind program that debuted to rave reviews in 2019. Kids ages 12 and under can receive a free meal including a hot dog, choice of chips or applesauce, and bottled water or apple juice at all Nationals home games beginning Monday, June 27 (7:05 PM vs. PIT) through Wednesday, Aug. 3 (4:05 PM vs. NYM).
“When we became the first MLB team to launch a free meal program for young fans in 2019, we aimed to provide our fans with the best game day experience possible,” said Alan Gottlieb, Chief Operating Officer, Lerner Sports. “This season, we’re excited to bring Kids Eat Free back with some additional enhancements that make the process easier and more convenient, helping families spend more time together watching baseball at Nationals Park.”
Kids meals will be available via mobile ordering on the MLB Ballpark app at five concessions locations throughout the ballpark (Sections 110, 129, 141, 229 and 301). The offer is redeemable once per game per child by using the code KIDSEATFREE in the app. Children must be present to pick up their meals. For more information, visit nationals.com/KidsEatFree.
The return of Kids Eat Free is the latest way the Washington Nationals, recently named among Sports Innovation Lab’s most innovative teams in the world, are making the game day experience more affordable and more convenient for fans. The ball club also offers monthly Value Days, with discounts on tickets, concessions, merchandise and parking, as well as Harris Teeter Family Fun Packs for every regular-season home game. Mobile ordering minimizes time spent waiting in lines so fans can enjoy more of the game from their seats. Click HERE to download Kids Eat Free photos and video.
Additional family-friendly amenities and activities include:
- Jr. Nationals Kids Club offers members-only offers and exclusive appearances all season long
- Kids Fun Zone play structure located near the Right Field Gate
- Kids Giveaways presented by Harris Teeter on select weekends, in which the first 5,000 kids ages 12 and under on Saturday and Sunday receive items including a bucket hat, color-your-own pencil case, Nationals Screech Handmade by Robots™ vinyl figure and more
- Kids Run the Bases invites kids ages 4 through 12 to run the bases following every Sunday day game, weather permitting
- First Game Certificates for fans to commemorate their first game at Nationals Park
- Nursing Lounge with air conditioning, TVs, comfortable chairs, changing stations, refrigeration units, a play area and electrical outlets located in Section 223
- Sensory Room and sensory bag available from guest services in the Center Field Plaza
- Signature Sundays give fans the chance to get autographs from players, coaches and broadcasters following Sunday games, subject to weather and availability
- Summer Reading Program offers students a voucher for two free tickets to a game if they complete their local library’s program, plus the addition of free Summer Reading Sundays programming
For more information and to buy tickets, visit nationals.com.