This is your last day to take the Virginia Outdoors Survey
From Virginia State Parks:
This is your chance to let the commonwealth know what you need and value by taking the 2022 Virginia Outdoors Survey.
Results from this twice-in-a-decade survey shape the Virginia Outdoors Plan, the state’s comprehensive document for land conservation, outdoor recreation and open-space planning.
The survey only takes a few minutes to complete, and it gives you a voice in how the government and the private sector steward Virginia’s natural spaces.
More survey-takers equals a better, more equitable Virginia Outdoors Plan. It’s that simple.
Still not convinced? Here are five reasons you should stop what you’re doing and take the Virginia Outdoors Survey right now.
1. It only happens once every five years. Taking the survey is easy — but your answers have a far-reaching impact. For the next five years, Virginia’s outdoor planners will make decisions and allocate resources based on survey data. Please don’t miss this opportunity. There won’t be another one until 2027.
2. It helps bring resources to your area. Wish your neighborhood had more trees and trails? Concerned about water quality where you live? Data from the survey is a major driver in deciding where outdoors funding and resources are needed throughout the state. Your answers to the survey help your community get its share.
3. Federal dollars are on the line. Federal funding for all kinds of outdoor projects is available to Virginia — but only if the state can demonstrate a need. If you’d like Virginia to receive new dollars for public outdoor spaces, park enrichment and environmental conservation, let your voice be heard.
4. Virginia’s economy will benefit. From the Chesapeake Bay to the Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia’s landscapes draw millions of tourists every year. These visitors dine in our restaurants, shop in our stores and generally keep our economy humming. Your survey participation helps ensure they keep coming — and spending.
5. It helps curb overdevelopment. The Virginia Outdoors Plan guides the protection of lands through the Virginia Land Conservation Foundation. It also allows the state to participate in the federal Land and Water Conservation Fund program. By taking the survey, you’re providing insights that help balance growth and greenspaces where you live.
You can take the Virginia Outdoors Survey at www.dcr.virginia.gov/2022virginiaoutdoorssurvey.
Feel free to share the survey link with family, friends and neighbors.
If you don’t take the survey right now, be sure to complete it by Aug. 15.