Get the daily newsletter!

Thanksgiving night fire in Stafford

Just after 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving night,  units with Stafford County Fire and Rescue were dispatched to a reported structure in the 900 block of Belle Plains Road. First arriving units marked on scene approximately 10 minutes later and found flames coming from the roof of a large, two story single family home. Crews worked quickly to bring the fire under control in approximately 10 minutes. Extensive overhaul operations were required on the roof and rural water operations were utilized to bring water to the scene.

The home was occupied by 14 people at the time of the fire, one of which was the homeowner. The fire was first discovered by a neighbor who alerted the occupants. All occupants were evacuated prior to the arrival of units and none reported injuries. Smoke alarms were present at the time of the fire. The single resident of the home declined the assistance of the American Red Cross.

The fire is under investigation by the Stafford County Fire Marshal’s Office. Stafford assisted by the City, Fauquier and King George.

Photo courtesy Stafford Fire and Rescue

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This