Ramp closure and detour during overnight hours in NovA through mid-March
The ramp from eastbound Dulles Toll Road/Airport Access Road (Route 267) to northbound I-495 (Capital Beltway) is scheduled to close during overnight hours beginning on or about this Friday night, Feb. 24 through early morning, Monday, March 12. This ramp closure is necessary for crews to demolish the eastern section of the bridge from northbound I-495 to eastbound Dulles Toll Road/Airport Access Road. Following demolition, crews will build new bridges on northbound I-495 to the future express lanes and general purpose lanes.
During hours when the ramp is closed, drivers on eastbound Dulles Toll Road/Airport Access Road who want to reach northbound I-495 will be detoured as follows:
- Exit onto I-495 South using Exit 18A to Richmond
- Take Exit 46B for Route 123/Chain Bridge Road North
- Continue in ramp-lane and immediately exit onto I-495 North
The planned hours for the ramp closure and detour are:
- 8 p.m. Fridays through 7 a.m. Saturdays
- 7 p.m. Saturdays through 7 a.m. Sundays
- 7 p.m. through 5 a.m. each day, Sunday nights through Friday mornings
Drivers are urged to use caution and expect potential delays if traveling through this area. This work is weather dependent and may be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather.